10 Things Not to Miss at WonderWorks Myrtle Beach
Family-friendly vacations are the name of my game. Vacations are all about fun and reconnecting as a family, so I want a vacation that mom, dad, and the kids can enjoy. One of my favorite family-friendly vacations to take is a trip to Myrtle Beach. Located in South Carolina, this picturesque coastline is one of the most affordable and family-friendly vacation spots! With its unique blend of entertainment and variety of accommodations, your family trip is sure to be memorable. One good way to do that is to visit WonderWorks Myrtle Beach, where parents can find four levels of indoor nonstop fun, offering plenty of opportunities for people of all ages.
WonderWorks, a science focused indoor amusement park, combines education and entertainment. With over 100 hands-on exhibits – there is something unique and challenging for all ages. Feel the power of 84mph hurricane–force winds in the Hurricane Shack. Make huge, life–sized bubbles in the Bubble Lab. Get the NASA treatment in our Astronaut Training Gyro and experience zero gravity. Nail it by lying on the death–defying Bed of Nails. Conquer your fear of heights on our indoor Glow-In-The-Dark Ropes Course. Don’t miss Soar + Explore, a WonderWorks sister attraction featuring an over water zipline and outdoor ropes challenge course guaranteed to get your heart pumping from total excitement. WonderWorks also hosts birthday parties, group outings and special events seasonally. Open daily from 10 a.m. until 11:30 p.m. https://www.wonderworksonline.
10 things not to miss at WonderWorks Myrtle Beach
- Climb. Hit up the ropes course, where guests can test their endurance and locomotor skills as they climb over 28 different obstacles and physical activities in this 3-story indoor course.
- Throw. Take your chance at virtual sports, where you can find out what it’s like to pitch to a Major League Baseball player or throw a touchdown pass 50 yards to an NFL player. Virtual Sports allows you to test your athletic skills on a baseball, football, and soccer field.
- Ride. Take a seat within the virtual coaster with the ability to turn 360° in every direction. Hold on to your seats, while experiencing virtual physics! You can also feel the sensation of weightlessness like in outer space on the Astronaut Training Gyro Challenge.
- Play. Hit up the sandbox and bubble lab! Explore the depths of the ocean, a Jurassic landscape, and a wildlife safari in an interactive sandbox. Interact with various creatures with your hands and mold the sand by building mountains, volcanoes and much more! You can also create bubbles the size of basketballs, and even make a bubble big enough for you to fit inside.
- Learn. Test your knowledge about our world’s natural disasters. Show what you know and more from such categories as wild weather, quakes and blazes, manmade catastrophes and extreme disasters.
- Imagine. Enter a new dimension of reality and explore the unknown. Visit the Dr. Seuss Taxidermy, where the famous author’s creations come to life. Discover how perception and perspective are used in over 35 exhibits located throughout the Far Out Art Gallery where the unexplainable will come to life and the unusual will be the norm.
- Thrill. Enjoy the 12-seat theater that takes guests on an amazing adventure that transcends times, space, and imagination by combining the 3D film with special effects and full motion. Now playing 5 different movies: Cosmic Coaster-Mild, Wild Wild West- Moderate, Great Wall of China-Moderate, Dino Safari- Wild or Canyon Coaster-Wild.
- Adrenaline. Take the zipline challenge, where you will soar 50 feet above water and 1,000 feet between towers. This features a constant tension system, which ensures participants a smooth “zip” with intense fun.
- Extreme. Check out 360 Bikes, where you will buckle into your bike and start pedaling. You will try to generate enough power to spin a complete 360-degree revolution right back to where you started.
- Interact. Get interactive with laser tag! This family fun game combines innovative technology to provide you with a one-of-a-kind interactive experience. The object is to outplay, outlast and outshoot the other players.
WonderWorks’ Newest Team Member Orbit
If you are heading there this summer, not only can your family cool off here, but also, they can have a little fun looking for their newest team member, Orbit!
Image Credit WonderWorks Myrtle Beach
To celebrate Orbit’s arrival to the team, you and your fmaily can look 5 bones hidden all around the Myrtle Beach area! If you are lucky enough to find one of Orbit’s bones, tag WonderWorks Myrtle Beach on Facebook of you holding the bone. Then head to WonderWorks Myrtle Beach with the bone and Orbit’s special note to get 2 FREE tickets! Learn more about Orbit’s Hidden Bones here: https://www.wonderworksonline.com/myrtle-beach/hidden-rocks/
Described as Edu-Tainment, because you learn as you play, WonderWorks Myrtle Beach is a fun, over-the-top science center. It’s an affordable attraction that makes a good addition to your vacation in Myrtle Beach!