Top w Reasons to Visit Macon
Are you all candied out? Ready for some REAL food? Well, you are in luck! Visit Macon is teaming up with the Georgia Beef Board to host its 4th annual Macon Burger Week (MBW)—one of the state’s most highly anticipated events of the year. Taking place November 1 through 7 throughout the destination, this weeklong celebration will feature signature limited-time burger creations from the area’s favorite restaurants, including 2020 winner Macon Beer Company, as well as Ocmulgee Brewpub, Tommy’s Bakery and many others.“We can’t wait to celebrate the return of Macon Burger Week,” said Valerie Bradley, Visit Macon’s vice president of marketing. “This delicious weeklong event is a wonderful opportunity for residents and visitors to support our local businesses, enjoying some long-time favorites and perhaps uncovering their new favorite dining spot!”
Macon Burger Week
This year, there are 15 participating restaurants in Macon Burger Week, with each featuring an off-menu burger that will exclusively be available throughout the week. Some of this year’s options include Ocmulgee Brewpub, Macon Beer Company, Yollah Social Kitchen and Garden, Lazy Susan Tapas Bar and so many more. Just take a look at these burgers!
Macon Burger Week’s People’s Choice Champion
Restaurants will have the chance to win several awards including the “People’s Choice Champion,” which will be selected by guest votes based on taste and overall experience. In addition, “The Cleverly Created Award” will be judged by a cattle industry leader and granted to the most unique and creative entry. “The Most Beef Sales Award” will go to the restaurant that sells the most beef by the pound.
Macon Burger Week Passport
To take part in the celebration, guests are invited to download the #MaconBurgerWeek passport from the event website. This will serve as the guide to all participating locations and their Burger Week offerings. Upon visiting each participating restaurant and trying their featured burger, guests will receive a dedicated stamp in their passport. At the end of Burger Week, participating diners can send in their stamped passports to be entered to win several great prizes from the Georgia Beef Board. Online voting for the public will begin the week of Macon Burger Week and the winners will be announced the week of Nov. 8 on Facebook.
“The Georgia Beef Board is proud to bring this event to Macon with Visit Macon. Our mission at the Georgia Beef Board is to drive demand for beef and this event is a wonderful way to do just that. MBW gives our community the opportunity to try a variety of beef burgers throughout the week while supporting our restaurant partners as well,” said Taylor Evans from Georgia Beef Board. “We love to see the many culinary creations that our local chefs come up with, and we equally love seeing the excitement from our community for this annual event.”
To learn more about the event or to download the Macon Burger Week passport, visit www.MaconBurgerWeek.com, or follow the event on Facebook and Instagram at @MaconBurgerWeek. For a full list of participating restaurants, click here.
Commandments for Burger Week
MaconBurgerWeek is the beefiest week for Macon. It’s drool-inducing beefiness will sure take Macon’s carnivores by storm. We actually feel a little bad for the restaurants as they are hit hard by beefeaters across Middle Georgia. So, they’ve created some “Commandments for Burger Week!”
- They Might Run Out – If a place runs out of their #MaconBurgerWeek burger toward the end of a shift, take it like a man: go back earlier the next day, order your burger, and thank them for working their rumps off. Do Not Be A Jerk To Our Restaurants. We’re in this together, Maconites.
- There will be Waits – People have been talking about #MaconBurgerWeek for weeks. It’s become an institution built on the foundation of beefy flavor. We’re talking $10 burgers here, people. Don’t be surprised if restaurants have waits. If they do, buy a beer and relax, share a post on social media using #MaconBurgerWeek and maybe you’ll win some prizes.
- 3. You Will Tip – $10 brings out the cheap in all of us, but really, you’re getting a $10-$15 burger (many restaurants get a little aggressive), so please tip at least 20%. The people who are serving you are working harder during #MaconBurgerWeek than at any other point in the year. A kind word will also be welcome—these people are our friends and neighbors, so Hakuna Matata.
- You Really Should Buy a Drink and/or Other Foods – All #MaconBurgerWeek Burgers are a la carte. Sides are extra. While extra purchases are not a requirement, we beefeaters think you should show a little love to a restaurant for going above and beyond to bring you an awesome burger (FOR $10!). Pick up some fries and a drink, and you’re sure to enjoy yourself more.
- Social Sharing is Caring – @MaconBurgerWeek is on Facebook and Instagram. Follow us and get up-to-date info on everything #MaconBurgerWeek. Share your burger photos using #MaconBurgerWeek and you might win awesome prizes.
Nestled in the heart of the state, Macon, Ga. is a soul destination known for its restaurants, nature and rich history. Nicknamed the “Cherry Blossom Capital of the World”, Macon is home to a diverse culture, soulful music heritage and thriving arts and education opportunities. Located just an hour and a half from Atlanta, this thriving destination attracts visitors looking to enjoy its unique breweries, historical sights and outdoor adventures.
Georgia Beef Board
The Georgia Beef Board’s mission is to maintain and build demand for beef and beef products within Georgia by enhancing beef’s image and satisfying the consumer’s needs and wants through an integrated state and national promotion, consumer information, research, producer communication, and industry information program. Funded by the Beef Checkoff, The Georgia Beef Board represents Georgia’s 15,000 beef cattle producers who are raising safe, wholesome, and nutritious beef products we love!