Slow Cooker Mexican Queso Recipe
Are you a fan of chips and queso? Boy have we got the perfect slow cooker Mexican queso recipe for you! When I want Mexican food, I head to my favorite local restaurant with the best Mexican queso around! I could sit there all day munching on the light and airy chips while dipping them into a perfect combination of thick and creamy queso. I’m talking about a queso so well made that it literally coats the chip when you dip! But what about those nights when I simply can’t eat out? How can I satisfy my craving for some chips and queso? Simple! With this delectable slow cooker Mexican queso recipe. That’s right! Mexican Night at our home (and yours) is going to be a whole lot easier and better with this recipe. Simply prepare these items in a slow cooker and wait!
- ½ lb Pepper Jack Cheese
- ½ lb White American Cheese
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- ½ Cup Sour Cream
- 10 oz Can Tomatoes & Green Chilies, drained
- ¾ Cup Milk
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp Onion Powder
- 1 Tsp Chili Powder
- Cut your Pepperjack cheese into cubes. Tear your white American cheese (get it from the deli!) into small pieces.
- In your slow cooker, add Pepper Jack cheese, American cheese, cream cheese, sour cream, and tomatoes.
- Pour in ¾ cup of milk.
- Sprinkle the garlic powder, onion powder and chili powder on top.
- Mix everything together.
- Cook on low, opening to stir occasionally for 3-4 hours. Once the mixture is melted, switch the slow cooker to the warm setting.
- Serve with chips or use in tacos. YUM!
This slow cooker Mexican queso recipe is going to be one you will want to remember! So simple and easy to make, you’ll be wondering why you even want to bother heading out to an authentic Mexican restaurant. Well, maybe not….but it is pretty darn good stuff!