Named one of the top Christmas events in Georgia for 2017, the world record-holding Holiday in the Park® wintertime celebration returns to Six Flags Over Georgia—the Thrill Capital of the South—beginning November 18. The holiday wonderland, now in its fourth season, is more spectacular than ever with 16 intricately themed areas, 29 holiday rides, dazzling live shows and festive seasonal food, all combining to make Holiday in the Park the most magical time of the year.
“Holiday in the Park has become the number one holiday destination in the southeast, as we expand with more rides, more magical sounds of the season and more thrills than ever before,” said Park President Dale Kaetzel. “This is one of the largest seasonal events in Georgia, featuring eight world-class roller coasters and more than one million LED lights for the biggest and brightest tradition the entire family can enjoy together.”
Holiday in the Park will offer guests new, enchanting entertainment and the return of guest-favorite holiday thrills, including:
- New in 2017, Metropolis Park will light up the Georgia night with hundreds of blue and white sparkling lights, along with two new iconic super hero rides now open for Holiday in the Park – JUSTICE LEAGUE: Battle For Metropolis in 4D and SUPERMAN: Ultimate Flight;
- The magical Main Street Christmas park entrance with a 165,000 twinkling light canopy and artificial snow
- All-aboard the North Pole Express train ride to see Santa at the North Pole
- A spectacular state-of-the-art choreographed light show Magic of the Season
- The iconic highlight of the event—the historic 1908 Riverview Carousel at Candlelight Carousel featuring more than 100,000 lights and 250 luminary candles, among other themed areas.
Holiday in the Park at Six Flags Over Georgia holds the GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS™ title for Most couples kissing under the mistletoe. In 2015, more than 400 guests set the record during Holiday in the Park at Six Flags Over Georgia. In 2016, the park set another GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS™ title for Most couples kissing under the mistletoe along with six other Six Flags Parks and this season yet another new record is being planned for the Most Christmas pickle ornaments placed on a tree at once, sponsored by Pier 1 Imports.
Holiday in the Park operates on select days November 18 through January 3, 2018. Six Flags Over Georgia 2018 Season Passes are on sale now and provide unlimited visits to Holiday in the Park and all of 2018. For a limited time–and during the park’s Cyber Week Sale–with the purchase of four or more season passes, guests will receive free admission to both Six Flags Over Georgia and Six Flags White Water, along with a free parking pass and unlimited visits to any Six Flags Theme Park in 2018.