The infamous swashbuckling Captain Jack Sparrow sails the high seas once again in the 5th installment of the Pirates of the Caribbean series, Dead Men Tell No Tales. The film begins by introducing Elizabeth Swann and Will Tuner’s son, Henry, as he sets out to break the curse that holds his father captive to the sea, and the only way to do that is to find the Trident of Poseidon. So how does one set out to find the thing that no map will show? You find Jack Sparrow of course!
As a fan of Johnny Depp, I love that this iconic character is once again on the big screen! I just can’t get enough of that bad boy pirate! Mischievous and mysterious, Captain Jack Sparrow leads us on an never-ending quest where he tries to win what he loves the most! Right from the start he takes us on a journey through his quirkiness as he and his crew try to rob a bank in St. Martin. As soon as you see him, you fall in love once again with this drunk and bumbling pirate who seems to have the worst luck of any and all pirates!
Movie goers watch as he seems to make it through just about any obstacle thrown his way, that is until Salazar finds his way out of Devil’s Triangle thanks to that little compass of Captain Jack Sparrow that he trades for a bottle of rum!
But not to worry, Captain Jack Sparrow always seems to team up with just the right individuals who are also wanted by the authorities. Carina, a quick-witted scientist and astrologist that people believe is a witch, finds her way to Captain Jack Sparrow as she sets out on a quest to find out what her father has left her in a ruby studded treasure map book. Henry Tuner, wearing a necklace owned by his father and desperate for the trident, joins Sparrow and Carina. Will the three of them live to tell the tale? In this well done special effects driven movie, movie goers will be entertained from start to finish! Disney knows how to go big, and this epic movie they have done just that. Between the characters from past movies and the ghostly characters, the action sequences keep you on the edge of your seat.
While there are many things that I LOVE about this movie, here are a few things I want to leave you with.
- One thing that I absolutely loved in this movie is we get a glimpse of a young Jack Sparrow and how he comes into possession of the magical compass that leads you to what you desire the most. Where did that name come from? Who did he get possession of the Black Pearl? Many of your questions about whop Jack Sparrow is will be answered in this film.
- It is hilarious! Right from the start and staying throughout, this movie is funny! I had quite a few belly laughs.
- Captain Barbossa has a secret, and you will uncover that in this movie. It will lead you to tears eventually.
- Captain Salazar, his crew, boat, and ghost sharks are simply spellbinding! This was quite a feat of animation in this film that adds so much to why it is just spectacular in terms of special effects!
- By the way, stay through the credits! You will be glad you did.
Social Media Connections