Hotel Transylvania 3
Hotel Transylvania 3 is coming to the big screen July 13. I know one family that is super excited about this. Our little boy absolutely adores this series. Seriously he could sit in front of the television and watch this over and over. If the truth be told, I would too! I have always loved the animated monster cartoons and movies even as a child.
The Hotel Transylvania movie series is such a cute series for kids. I love the overall message that they have and goodness knows they keep us in stitches for sure!
In Sony Pictures Animation’s Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation, join our favorite monster family as they embark on a vacation on a luxury monster cruise ship so Drac can take a summer vacation from providing everyone else’s vacation at the hotel. It’s smooth sailing for Drac’s Pack as the monsters indulge in all of the shipboard fun the cruise has to offer, from monster volleyball to exotic excursions, and catching up on their moon tans. But the dream vacation turns into a nightmare when Mavis realizes Drac has fallen for the mysterious captain of the ship, Ericka, who hides a dangerous secret that could destroy all of monsterkind.
We have got some cool ideas to celebrate the movie this summer!
MONSTER SCAVENGER HUNT
- Print out the images of the Hotel Transylvania 3 characters – https://spaces.hightail.com/space/Yi48fQ20il.
- Glue the images to a piece of cardboard so they are a bit sturdier.
- Hide the images.
- Provide fun-filled clues to help the children find the images.
MAKE GREEN SLIME
Make your own slime version of Blobby
All of the materials are readily available at Michaels craft stores. Please go to http://www.elmers.com/slime for various slime recipes and measurements.
- Plastic bin with top to cover slime
- Elmer’s white glue (gallon size if making for a large group)
- Baking soda
- Washable green acrylic paint
- Renu contact lens solution (generic brands do not work as well)
- Baby Oil
- Spoon for stirring
- Optional: Green glitter
- Pour entire container of glue into the bin
- Add baking soda and mix together
- Add green acrylic paint mixing as you add it until you reach desired color (Some recipes recommend food coloring, but that stains your hands.)
- Add drops of contact solution until it is not too sticky. You just have to experiment as you add so that you reach the correct consistency. Important: If you add too much contact lens solution, the mixture will harden and break off.
- If you make the mixture ahead of time, cover the bin with the plastic top to preserve it.
- Set out squares of parchment paper on a table
- Place a “blob” of the slime on the paper.
- At this point, you can add the optional glitter.
- If the slime is sticking to kids’ hands, you can pour a few drops of baby oil on to their hands.
- Children can “mold” the slime into a Blobby shape.
- At the end, provide a plastic bag so campers can bring home their slime.
When the monsters embark on their cruise, they are all given flower leis. Leis are often worn to celebrate an event. Let’s celebrate the start of summer by making our own leis.
- Plastic Straws
- Oak Tag Paper in Assorted Colors
- Hole Punchers
- Lei Cut Outs – This is one of the last PDF images provided in this link — https://spaces.hightail.com/space/Yi48fQ20il
- Cut a string of approximately 50 inches.
- Cut straws into thirds.
- Cut out various shapes and punch a hole in the middle.
- Alternate stringing on the plastic straws with the shapes to create a lei.
- Tie the end pieces of the string together.
We have plenty of tickets to giveaway to our readers to see this film early. Enter here to win