Holiday Extravaganza Featuring the Mighty Mo and More
Come one, come all to The Fox Theatre to celebrate the iconic venue’s 90th anniversary with the 14th annual ‘Holiday Extravaganza’! This FREE event is on Tuesday, December 17, at 7:30 p.m. Formerly known as ‘Mighty Mo and More,’ this holiday extravaganza will celebrate the beloved Mollër organ like never before with entertainment and activities that pay tribute to both “Mighty Mo” and the Fox Theatre’s rich history.
A special screening of “Steamboat Willie” will be shown. This was the first movie shown at the theater’s opening on Christmas day 90 years ago! Ken Double, the president of the American Theater Organ Society, will help make this picture come to life even more as he plays the organ along to the screening. Atlanta’s own Ruby Velle and the Soulphonics along with the Atlanta Gay Men’s Choir and Decatur High School Choir will also grace the stage this year with renditions of favorite Holiday classics. In celebration of this momentous anniversary, longtime venue sponsor, Coca Cola Co., will be sending their classic polar bear mascot to the Marquee Club for exclusive pre-event photo opportunities.
How to get tickets to Holiday Extravaganza
Tickets are FREE and available Monday, November 25 at 10am. Guests must reserve at the Fox Theatre ticket office or at FoxTheatre.org. There is a limit of six (6) passes per person and everyone must have a ticket, including infants.
Marquee Club by Lexus at The Fox Theatre
If you want to take your experience to the next level, consider the adding the Marquee Club presented by Lexus to your evening. For $45 you’ll have the opportunity to indulge in complimentary seasonal food as well as access to private bars, restrooms, and two rooftop terraces. You’ll even have the chance to participate in holiday-themed photo magnet moments with Coca Cola’s renowned Polar Bear mascot.
Need more reasons to attend?
- FREE event open to the entire family
- General Admission Doors open at 6:30 p.m.
- Marquee Club opens at 6 p.m.
- 100% chance of snow on Peachtree Street
- On-site family photo opportunities with Santa Claus
- Photo opportunities with the Coca-Cola Classic Polar Bear
- Christmas Carols Sing-A-Long led by the famous “Mighty Mo” organ, one of the largest Mollër theater organs in the world
- A screening of “Steamboat Willie,” the very first movie to be shown at the Fox Theatre on opening day in 1929, will be shown in the theater
- The evening of fun will be hosted by hometown CW-69 entertainment guru Wendell Scott