Are you ready to travel again? Alabama Luxury Golf Resorts & Hotels along Alabama’s Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail are ready to welcome tourists back in accordance with Governor Kay Ivey’s orders.
“Over the past weeks, our hospitality experts at PCH Hotels & Resorts have thoroughly planned how to safely welcome guests back,” said Tony Davis, President of PCH Hotels & Resorts. “Our procedures have been updated and associates have been retrained,” said Davis. “We are ready to safely offer guests legendary Southern hospitality.”
All pools have reopened, except the Battle House pool which will reopen Friday, May 22. The RTJ golf courses and resort tennis courts are available, where applicable. Spas and restaurants will be opening in the coming days with a major focus on safety and social distancing. Initially, spas will offer hair and nail services. Massages, facials and access whirlpools and other spa amenities will be added in the future. The reopening timeline and enhanced safety protocols are highlighted below.
Alabama Golf Resorts & Spas
Grand Hotel Golf Resort & Spa – Pt. Clear, Alabama
Queen of Southern Resorts, the Grand Hotel Golf Resort & Spa is a glorious gem on the Gulf Coast of Alabama. Surrounded by beautiful Mobile Bay, the Grand Hotel Golf Resort & Spa is a hidden jewel, rich with tradition, alive with activity and overflowing with generous hospitality. Set on 550 acres of stunning natural beauty, the Grand Hotel Golf Resort & Spa is a modern sanctuary of golf, tennis, beach, pools and spa – an enchanting destination filled with gracious Southern charm.
Bayside Grill and Bucky’s Bar and the Spa at the Grand have reopened.
Renaissance Riverview Plaza Hotel – Mobile, Alabama
Renaissance Mobile Riverview Plaza Hotel provides a setting that blends style, comfort and convenience. Whether you have an action-packed day of work or play, you can retire to elegant rooms and suites featuring unforgettable views and an array of amenities to help you achieve a successful stay. Make plans for a memorable stay at the Renaissance Mobile Riverview Plaza Hotel.
Fathoms Lounge has reopened and is ready to serve!
Battle House Renaissance Mobile Hotel & Spa – Mobile, Alabama
The Battle House Renaissance Mobile Hotel & Spa is located in the heart of downtown Mobile, near an array of attractions such as the USS Alabama Battleship Memorial Park, Mobile Civic Center and Mobile Alabama Cruise Terminal. Whatever the reason for your visit, The Battle House Renaissance Mobile Hotel & Spa provides a refreshing experience unlike any other.
Joe Cain Cafe and the Spa at the Battle House have reopened. Massages and facials begin May 27.
Renaissance Montgomery Hotel & Spa – Montgomery, Alabama
Renaissance Montgomery Hotel & Spa is located in downtown Montgomery near Maxwell Air Force Base and Alabama State University. They offer functional and stylish retreats that exceed your expectations.
House Restaurant is ready to serve visitors. The Spa at Montgomery has reopened for massages. Hair, nails and facials to be added soon.
Marriott Prattville Hotel and Conference Center at Capitol Hill – Prattville, Alabama
Montgomery Marriott Prattville Hotel & Conference Center at Capitol Hill is a resort-style hotel in Prattville, AL. It is the perfect haven for golf enthusiasts with views overlooking the renowned Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail at Capitol Hill. Spend some time exploring the area when you head to downtown Montgomery or visit the animals at Montgomery Zoo.
Oak Tavern has reopened.
Auburn/Opelika Marriott Resort & Spa at Grand National – Opelika, Alabama
Auburn Marriott Opelika Resort & Spa at Grand National provides stunning views of Lake Sougahatchee and plenty of golf. After a day exploring Auburn University, catching a game at Jordan Hare Stadium, or shopping in downtown Opelika, this is the perfect place to escape the ordinary!
Splash Bar and the Spa at Grand National have reopened. The Spa is open for hair, nails, massages, and facials.
Renaissance Ross Bridge Golf Resort & Spa – Hoover, Alabama
Experience the allure of Renaissance Birmingham Ross Bridge Golf Resort & Spa. With a scenic location near Hoover, Alabama, this Birmingham, AL hotel ensures you’re never far from things to see and do. Here you’ll find the fifth-longest golf course in the world at 8,191 yards and 18 holes. Following an exciting day, retreat to one of our stylish rooms and suites, each equipped with elegant furnishings, luxurious bedding, and a private balcony boasting astonishing views of the Alabama hills. An unforgettable stay awaits at Renaissance Birmingham Ross Bridge Resort.
Clubhouse Restaurant and the Spa at Ross Bridge have reopened.
Marriott Shoals Hotel & Spa – Florence, Alabama
Treat yourself to upscale elegance at Marriott Shoals Hotel & Spa. The resort boasts an unbeatable location in Muscle Shoals, an area of vibrant music history. Come explore where Aretha Franklin, Otis Redding, and Bob Dylan recorded some of their hits.
Swamper’s Bar and Grille and the Spa and the Shoals are open and ready for visitors.
Updated Resort and Hotel Safety Protocols
Several new protocols are now in place to ensure guests have safe and secure experiences. All areas are opening under the PCH Health and Safety Guidelines which align with state and local recommendations:
- Hand sanitizing stations have been placed throughout the hotels and resorts.
- Public areas are cleaned and sanitized every two hours.
- Some services and hours of operation have been temporarily adjusted.
- Signage encouraging social distancing and other safe practices have been placed throughout the properties.
- When preparing guest rooms and other areas, our associates use professionally sourced cleaning products which are proven to be effective against viruses and bacteria.
- Collateral materials that can’t be properly sanitized have been removed from guest rooms.
- Thorough cleaning and disinfecting occur in each guest room prior to guests arriving. Remote controls, clocks, ice buckets, drawer handles, furniture, bathroom amenities, hairdryers, light switches, pens, doorknobs, and other room items are disinfected.
- To reduce the number of people accessing guest rooms, Housekeeping services are provided only upon request.
- We have expanded the use of PPE (personal protective equipment) with our team members. Masks and gloves will be worn where appropriate.
- Additional restaurants and bars will reopen as business increases.
Updated Spa Protocols
- Initially the spas will be offering nail and hair services. Massages, facials and other spa services will be added at a later date.
- All spa providers’ temperature will be taken before they begin their shift.
- All providers will be wearing masks during your spa visit.
- Gloves will be changed after each guest.
- All tools used during the spa service will be thoroughly sanitized.
- Guests are welcome to wear their own PPE to the spa such as masks/gloves, but not required.
- All manicure stations, pedicure stations and treatment rooms are thoroughly sanitized before and after each guest.
- All areas of the spa/salon will be practicing 6 ft. social distancing.
“We are in this together and ask all guests and associates for their help to abide by the Governor’s “Safer at Home” order,” said Davis. “These certainly are unprecedented times, yet we realize the importance of reconnecting, gathering, playing and relaxing. Our hospitality team is ready for our guests to arrive.” For more information on the hotel and resort portfolio, visit www.rtjresorts.com.