The 2018 Progressive® Insurance Atlanta Boat Show is dropping anchor at the Georgia World Congress Center Jan. 18-21, bringing the best in boating to downtown Atlanta for four days. Tickets are on sale now at AtlantaBoatShow.com.
With something for every budget and level of interest, the Show will feature more than 500 new boats, hundreds of marine accessories and a variety of activities for everyone, including experienced anglers and tiny sailors. From an immersive virtual reality boating experience and fun hands-on activities in the Kids’ Zone to DIY, sailing and fishing seminars, there are aquatic adventures awaiting everyone.
Now in its 56th year, the Atlanta Boat Show has also teamed up with SPLASH, Georgia’s First Lady Sandra Deal’s water-safety initiative, to promote safety and fun on the water. Show-goers will also have a chance to win one of 100 free half-day pontoon rentals worth $200, courtesy of Park Marine.*
Reasons to Visit the Southeast’s Premier Boating Event:
- The Most Boats in Georgia Under One Roof: From paddleboards and pontoons to luxury yachts, powerboats, sailboats and fishing vessels, the newest models are making their debut at the lowest prices. Here’s a sneak peek at this year’s latest products:
- New: The PRESTIGE 460 S is a luxury yacht adaptable to suit the needs of those on board with features such as a large opening sunroof, immense sliding glass door and L-shaped cockpit, which transforms into a very large sundeck. Boaters can enjoy enhanced exterior space when fully opened and protected living space when closed.
- New: Grady-White’s Freedom 235: Finalist for “Boating 2017: Boat of the Year,” the 23-foot dual console has all the “big boat” features including luxurious seating and an oversized enclosed head. Boaters will appreciate the built-in swim platform extensions port and stern auxiliary anchor storage.
- New: Sea Ray 400 SLX: Winning the 2017 NMMA Innovation Award, the sleek digital helm and innovative, convertible swim terrace maximize the entertainment experience and turns the cockpit into an on the water patio.
- Chaparral DRIVR Virtual Reality Experience: Attendees can immerse themselves in the boating life by getting behind the wheel in the captain’s seat and wearing the Oculus Rift Headpiece.
- The headpiece is connected to a large screen, so that other guests can see what users are doing – picking out boat colors, inspecting, walking into the bow lounge and taking the boat out on open water. Available at Atlanta Marine (14+ years of age).
- Nautical Happy Hour: Kick off the weekend with $5 after 5 p.m. deals on Thursday and Friday. With $5 tickets, $5 valet parking and $5 drinks after 5 p.m., it’s time to start planning those weekends on the water! Plus, attendees who arrive after 5 p.m. on Thursday or Friday have a chance to win one of 100 FREE half-day Pontoon rentals (ages 25+).
- SPLASH into Safety: The Atlanta Boat Show has teamed up with the Georgia Dept. of Natural Resources to support the State’s and one of First Lady Sandra Deal’s major water-safety initiatives: SPLASH. When Show attendees bring in a new or gently used U.S. Coast Guard certified life vest, they’ll get $3 off Show admission.
- SPLASH (Supervise. Prevention. Life Jacket. Arms-Length. Swim Lessons. Have a Water Safety Plan) is a joint water-safety initiative encouraging fun and safety on the water. Through SPLASH, life vests are available to use at 250 boat ramps and swimming areas throughout Georgia.
- Set Sail: Climb aboard the sailing simulator and feel the excitement of sailing without leaving the Show floor. The hands-on sailing experience gives guests the full feel of setting sail with tacking, jibing and more. Also offered, sailing seminars by Windsong Academy.
- Boat Smarts: The Atlanta Boat Show is proud to partner with Lanier Technical College to support its new Hall County Campus (opening January 2019) and state-of-the-art Marine Technology program. Thursday, Jan. 18, will be Lanier Tech Career Day at the Atlanta Boat Show.
- Hook, Line & Sinker: Discover and perfect techniques as professional fishermen show how to cast, catch and much more with the latest rods, reels and flies through live demonstrations at a 40-foot water tank filled with real fish.
- ‘Captain Kids’: Thursday, Jan. 18 is Family Day at the Show. And let the smallest sailors play in the Kids’ Zone, all weekend long. Plus, stay tuned for special guest appearances over the weekend.
- Get Schooled: Learn how you can do your own upkeep and make repairs by stopping by Fred’s Shed, an interactive garage that provides hands-on experience fixing motors and more.
- Safety First: Ensure you’re up to date on safe boating practices for all vessels from boats to personal watercraft at the USCGA safety seminars.
TICKETS: Adults 13 and older: $14; Youth 12 and under: FREE (when accompanied by a paid adult)
- $2 off tickets purchased online before Jan. 17
- All active, veterans, retired military, and law enforcement personnel and firefighters receive free admission with valid ID.
We are giving away a family four pack of tickets to the Atlanta Boat Show! Experience this with your family and friends and create memories. There is nothing quite like being out on the lake and/or ocean with family and friends.
Giveaway ends January 17, 2017. Enter below!
Social Media Connections
* Pontoon Rental Giveaway Details—Each certificate is valid for: one half-day (4 hour) rental on a 20 ft. Suntracker Party Barge from Paradise Rental Boats. Certificate is redeemable any non-holiday Monday–Friday at either of their Georgia locations, Port Royale on Lake Lanier or Park Marina on Lake Allatoona. Must be 25 yrs. old with a valid Driver’s License, and complete our Boater’s Safety Course to rent and operate vessel. Certificate has a value of $199.00. Reservations must be made in advance.