Maggiano’s Little Italy Gives Back with Brunch with a Purpose

Maggianos Brunch with a purpose

Tuesday evening I had the honor of attending an event at Magginao’s Little Italy in Buckhead to learn about their partnership with Make-A-Wish Georgia. If there was not a reason to love Maggianos more than I already do, well, they just helped me to fall deeper in love!  Over the last 14 years, Maggiano’s has raised more than $7 million and helped to grant more than 900 wishes for Make-A-Wish, a nonprofit organization that grants the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions. This year’s campaign is centered all around brunch, and Maggianos is inviting guests to “Brunch With A Purpose,” where $1 will be donated to Make-A-Wish for every brunch entrée ordered.

Our evening began with learning about how Maggiano’s has played a role in Make-A-Wish Georgia throughout the years.  We had the honor of hearing the story of one of our local recipients, Ellie,  an 11-year-old born with Epidermolysis Bullosa (EB).  Ellie has a passion for cooking and enjoys watching Master Chef Junior.  Make-A-Wish Georgia granted her wish along with the help of Chef Gordon Ramsay to be an honorary judge on Master Chef Junior.   Later in the evening, this delightful young girl shared her love of cooking with us as she assisted Executive Chef Thomas Wenning of Maggiano’s Little Italy in Buckhead in making Lemon Ricotta Pancakes.

Ellie Make a Wish GA

After listening to Ellie’s father talk about his daughter and the outpouring of support that Maggiano’s Little Italy has shared with this precious family, we had the opportunity to taste Maggiano’s brunch items.  They were absolutely scrumptious!

Crab Cake Benedict and Meatball Benedict

Served on an English muffin and covered in hollandaise sauce,  these benedicts were full of flavor.  The creamy sauce and crispness of the muffin balance the delicate tenderness of the crab and the juicyness of the meatball.

Maggiano's Brunch with a Purpose

Lemon Ricotta Pancakes

As someone who loves anything lemon, these were heavenly!  Made with lemons and ricotta, these pancakes were light, fluffy, and amazingly delicious!

Maggiano's Brunch with a Purpose

Vegetable Frittata

Layered with Shiitake Mushrooms, Spinach, Roma Tomatoes, Smoked Mozzarella, and Crispy Vesuvio Potatoes, every bite of this frittata was bursting with flavor.

Vegetable Frittata Maggianos

Creme Brulee French Toast

Yes!  My favorite dessert of all time in French toast form.  Served with strawberries and powdered sugar, this Cranberry Raisin Focaccia was to die for.  I could seriously just eat these all day long!

Maggiano's Brunch with a Purpose

So why not choose Maggiano’s Little Italy for your next brunch.  Now through August 2, you can help Maggiano’s meet their goal of raising more than $1 million.  That is enough to help them grant their 1,000th wish for children like Joshua, who has a progressive muscle disease. Joshua’s wish is to receive a service dog to assist him with daily tasks such as opening a door, picking up dropped items and much more.

It’s a win-win for everyone!  You get to enjoy such items as Lemon Ricotta Pancakes, The Meatball Benedict, Crab Cake Benedict or Crème Brûlée French Toast.  You can even order Wish Lemonade and they will donate an additional 50 cents. Not in the mood for brunch, you can also support Make-A-Wish by doing the following:

Order dessert from Maggiano’s monthly chef’s features and $1 will be donated to Make-A-Wish.

Give $10, get $10. For every $10 and above donation, guests will receive a Star Card with a special offer for their next Maggiano’s visit.

Donate online at site.wish.org/maggianos

Brunch Dishes Maggianos

Want to know more about the partnership between Maggiano’s Little Italy and Make-A-Wish? You can read about it here.

Should you choose to have Brunch with a Purpose, we would love to see your photos.  Share them on Twitter and/or Instagram using #EatADish4MAW

Maggiano's Brunch with a Purpose

1. cgmjemus says

Wow, Just wow another eating adventure on the bucket list. It all looks so good. Thanks

2. […] Source: Maggiano’s Little Italy Gives Back with Brunch with a Purpose […]

3. Claudia Krusch says

Make-A-Wish is such an amazing organization. It is fantastic that Maggiano’s has raised more than $7 million for the cause. I will have to check them out the next time I am in the area. The food looks so delicious.

4. Cassie says

Make-A-Wish is a wonderful organisation who does so many great things for people in need!! This sounds like a lovely event and a delicious brunch!

5. tara pittman says

This brunch looks so yummy. What a great way to raise money

6. jenny at dapperhouse says

I will totally support this cause! Our friend’s son is a contestant on Ramsey’s Chef Junior so he probably was able to meet Ellie!

7. parentingpatch says

I love that Maggiano’s has raised more than $7 million and helped to grant more than 900 wishes for Make-A-Wish! What an amazing way to give back to the community! If I were in the area, I would definitely take my family there for brunch!

8. Lynzy & Co says

I always forget that Maggiano’s serves brunch. Their food is so delicious, and I am OBSESSED with the amazingness behind brunch such a great way to raise money for sure

9. Blair Villanueva says

I love brunch with friends and enjoying good food, chatying and with champagne. And having brunch for a cause would be lovely too! What’s your favorite meal at Maggiano’s?

10. Sarah Bailey says

What a great sounding partnership make a wish really do some amazing things and how delicious do those meals look, I wouldn’t know where to start!

11. Theresa Sutton says

Good food and a great cause! I love Italian food and I love that this is a giving back situation as well.

12. Adaleta Avdić says

What an amazing cause and that food looks amazing!!

13. planningthemagic says

This must have been a great and rewarding time. Loved reading this.

14. homemadeforelle says

The food all looks amazing! I am also a huge fan of companies that are philanthropic, especially with children’s causes. Thanks for sharing!

15. Anosa says

Great initiative for them to be able to have a partnership with Make-a-wish Gerogia.Such mouthwatering breakfast! I’d love to try the creme brulee french toast.

16. emsry14 says

Oh my goodness those pancakes have my mouth watering!

17. Liz Cleland says

Is that eggs Benedict? I am in love with having that for breakfast, yum! Sign me up and let us have some brunch.

18. Lily Ashley says

Lots of wow for this post. That Creme Brulee French toast is mouth watering.

19. madelainxos says

I worked with Make-A-Wish when I was in college. I think it’s amazing how businesses are wanting to give back and partner up with organizations like this!

Madelain | http://www.wheremyheartwanders.com

20. Hey Sharonoox says

This looks like an amazing brunch! The food looks so good, it makes me hungry.

21. Raluca Lenghel Covaci says

I am very happy to see more and more businesses partner with organizations like Make-A-Wish to give back to the community! If I will have the opportunity to attend such an event, I will definitely do it. Those lemon ricotta pancakes call me, everything actually looks so appetizing.

22. Aimee Geroux says

I probably should have read this AFTER I ate breakfast because now I am drooling and wishing that food was in front of me. Love when companies give back!

23. Aduke Schulist says

My son was the recipient of a wish through Make a Wish so they are dear to me. I’d like to try those lemon ricotta pancakes though. Yum!