Upscale Lodging in Chattanooga, Tennessee

we-hope-to-see-you-soon-1

Living in the southeast has its benefits especially when you want to travel.  With so many places within driving distance from Atlanta, I can experience almost anything I want to.  One of our favorite places to get away to is Chattanooga, Tennessee.  It is a short drive that allows you to maximize the most of your trip whether it is just for the day or overnight.

Chattanooga is unique in that it offers tourists a WIDE variety of things to do and places to visit.  I know most of us that know this area think of such things as Tennessee Aquarium, Rock City, or Ruby Falls as the things for people to experience.  What you may not realize is that there is so much more to do than just those attractions.  Now if you have not been to these places, you need to make a point of seeing these iconic attractions.  The breathtaking views of Ruby Falls are something you do not want to miss!    But just like so many southern historic cities, Chattanooga has undergone its own rebirth and has become more than just a tourist location.  Chattanooga is becoming a city that attracts everyone from millennials to families.

swfimg_151019_05464605_xnp81

The Chattanoogan hotel now stands in the place of an old foundry.  In case you did not know a foundry is a workshop or factory for casting metal, and today you can see iron architectural accents throughout the hotel.    Spacious and comfortably furnished rooms,  The Chattanoogan has luxurious amenities including a fully equipped fitness gym and spa facilities, multiple dining options on site and a large swimming pool.  If you are looking for an upscale and yet affordable lodging destination, you HAVE to go to The Chattanoogan.  It is the perfect place for both couples and families because it offers you the best of both worlds.  Located in the heart of downtown Chattanooga, this hotel offers stunning views of Lookout Mountain and is within walking distance of nearly everything you would want to experience. The Chattanoogan provides luxury and a hospitality that can’t be beat.  Here are our top reasons for making this your go to lodging destination.

Location, Location, Location

The Chattanoogan is an urban hotel that provides the ideal location for travelers and business oriented visitors.  The Chattanoogan’s close proximity to the free electric shuttle means it is easy and convenient to get around the city.  It is within walking distance to nearly everything you would want to visit in Chattanooga including the Tennessee Aquarium.  Lookout Mountain, Rock City, and Ruby Falls are all within a very short drive from this hotel as well.

16831126_1067189116726747_4255367468264240166_n

Hotel and Rooms

Impeccably designed-we were impressed the moment we entered the doors of The Chattanoogan.  You will immediately notice the elegant décor.   You are surrounded with luxury, and that ambiance fills the room.   With a stunning lobby filled with modern furnishings and a gas fireplace,  you will want to just sit here and relax with a cup of coffee or your favorite drink.  Complimentary fruit-infused water and coffee is available in the lobby.

The hotel is geared towards both families and couples, and you will appreciate how The Chattanoogan has added in the extra details to make this feel like an escape from your busy life.  With 199 rooms and suites, this upscale hotel provides clean and comfortable rooms.  We were given a room with a King bed.  It was spacious and well furnished.  The modern furnishings and city views make for a room you will not want to leave.   After all, with a desk and adjustable chair,  blackout curtains,  flat screen HDTV with cable, in-room Keurig coffee maker, and Gilchrist & Soames toiletries, you won’t have to wander far from your room if you are looking to relax.  The plush Chattanoogan robe is a bonus for lounging around like a celebrity.

All guests receive complimentary WiFi, and a business center provides guests with complimentary computer and printer services.

16997833_1070811433031182_2005113414984765414_n

16996262_1070811539697838_1916669022636229857_n

16939631_1070811423031183_6312758940764079754_n

Dining

With three amazing dining options, The Chattanoogan is sure to tickle your tastebuds in some fashion.

The Foundry, The Chattanoogan’s upscale lounge, offers a delicious menu of appetizers, salads, sandwiches and light entrees.  With a full bar offering top of the line liquors, handcrafted cocktails, and a large offering of domestic and international wines, this is the perfect place to unwind.  Catch the game of one of their flat screens televisions or enjoy a game of billiards or shuffleboard.  Friday and Saturday night you can check local musicians providing entertainment.

Broad Street Grille  offers a menu of delectable regional cuisines featuring prime meats and sustainable seafood.  Our experience at the Broad Street Grille was amazing.  They offer relaxed nightly dinners,  award winning Sunday brunches, and affordable lunch buffets and delicious breakfast buffets.  Although we did not  dine at the chef’s table, our dinner was OUTSTANDING! The  pastas are house made and the produce comes fresh from local growers.  As you can see from the images above, our food was aesthetically pleasing to the eyes.  The taste was out of this world!  Seriously, my husband is a chef.  He has gone to culinary school and when he took his first bite of the  8oz Center Cut Filet Mignon, he simply sat back in his chair and savored every single moment.  Trust me, it takes ALOT to impress him,and the chef blew him away!   Whether you are a local or a tourist in the city, you will want to visit this restaurant.

Stroud’s Sidewalk Café, open Monday through Friday from 6:30 am to 3 pm, is the perfect place to get your morning dose of coffee including espresso, cappuccinos, and lattes.  My husband and I ate there twice, once for breakfast and another day for lunch.  Their breakfast menu includes freshly baked jumbo muffins, Danishes, fresh fruit and organic granola parfait. Lunch consists of hand crafted sandwiches, healthy salads and freshly made soups.   It is the perfect place to pick up something light and head back to The Chattanoogan’s rooftop terrace to enjoy.

The Spa

The Chattanoogan has a full-service spa, which means the possibilities are endless for you as the guest!  With a wide array of rejuvenating spa services and therapeutic body treatments in a tranquil environment, you are going to experience the best because they truly hired one of the best to manage their spa, Jen LeBaron.  With over 15 years experience, Jen is excited about pampering guests with an amazing experience using the finest products.  She carefully crafts each guest’s treatment with hand picked therapists.

Recently, I had the privilege of spending a morning indulging in what could easily be one of the best spa treatments I have ever had, and  I knew it was going to be a memorable experience when I walked through the doors!  I enjoyed the March special, Get Rid of Dry Skin Facial and Back Treatment .  This treatment consists of a facial that is customized to suit your specific skin care needs using the latest advances in natural, organic skin care.  Dead skin cells are rapidly exfoliated for immediate improvement in skin clarity and texture.  Organic grape stem cells, kombucha, spirulina, seaweed and tea extracts nourish, tone, soothe, improve skin tone and combat the visible signs of aging.  Included in this special was the custom purifying back treatment designed to deep cleanse, gently exfoliate and hydrate skin with natural botanical extracts and organic ingredients.

My experience was heavenly! My therapist was every bit as skilled as she was personable, making it easily the best spa service and experience I’ve ever received.  The attention to detail was impressive, from the heated table right down to the peach Bellini I was served at the close of my treatment.  The Spa at The Chattanoogan just might be Chattanooga’s best kept secret!

Spring Break Specials

The Chattanoogan hotel is a great place for you to escape to this Spring. Whether you are looking to escape with just your significant other or a car full of kids, the Chattanoogan can help you plan the perfect escape. Located within walking distance of the downtown Chattanooga attractions, they offer a variety of packages that can be tailored to fit your needs. Right now they are offering the perfect getaway that showcase Chattanooga’s top attractions and the city’s most celebrated hotel. The Benchmark Hotel® and recipient of dozens of awards and accolades is offering for the first time The Ultimate Spring Break Adventure Package. The package is a three-night and four-day getaway for families and includes:
· Overnight accommodations in adjacent rooms (one king room and one double room, ideal for families)
· Daily breakfast buffet at the hotel’s Broad Street Grille
· Nightly valet parking for one vehicle
· Daily bike rental for the entire family
· Use of fitness facility and indoor pool
· All taxes and gratuities
· Two adult and two children passes to the following attractions:
Tennessee Aquarium
Tennessee Aquarium IMAX 3D Theater
Creative Discovery Museum
Chattanooga Zoo
Rock City
Ruby Falls
Incline Railway
Hunter Museum of American Art

For more information or reservations, call (423) 756-3400, toll free (877) 756-1684, or visit The Chattanoogan’s Website at www.chattanooganhotel.com.

Disclosure:  We were provided with accommodations, dinner, spa treatment for our review.  All opinions presented are 100% our own.

Images were provided by Leigh Anne Borders and The Chattanoogan.

1. Robin rue says

I have always wanted to go to Chattanooga! It seems like such a fun place to visit!

1. Leigh Anne says

It is a wonderful place to go. If you do go check out The Chattanoogan. You will not be disappointed .

2. amanda says

I’m going to be in Tennessee this summer! If I end up in Chattanooga and need a place to stay I know where to go! Thanks!

1. Leigh Anne says

I am so happy to hear that you are heading that way this summer. They have so many great things lined up during the summer. Definitely make this one of the ones you check out for lodging.

3. eazynazy says

I lived in tennesse for 2 months and i feel so bad that i missed this beautiful place . The food looks amazing 🙂

1. Leigh Anne says

If you head back, please be sure to check them out. It is such a beautiful hotel with great amenities. Even if you do not stay here, you can enjoy the terrific food:)

4. Hali @daytodayMOMents says

This looks amazing! We are always looking for a new place to visit as a family, this looks so great.

1. Leigh Anne says

If you are heading to Chattanooga, this is the perfect place for families. They love to tailor experiences just for families. Be sure to check them out! You will not be disappointed.

5. Sara Normand says

It looks like an amazing hotel! Definitely a place I would go whether for business or relaxing.

1. Leigh Anne says

I love that The Chattanoogan is a -place for both guests and business. What is great is that the two are separated in the building so you really do not even know there is a conference going on if there is one.

6. Elizabeth O. says

You can’t deny how lovely this place is! It’s really nice and I love that the city is quite peaceful as well. Perfect for a relaxing stay. The food looks so good!

1. Leigh Anne says

As a school teacher full time, I definitely got my rest when I was there. The hotel provided everything I needed. And yes, the food was truly scrumptious!

7. Molly says

Oh wow! The hotel looks so fantastic. I would love to visit one day. The food looks yummy too. I think I really have to plan my trip there soon. 🙂

xo,
    Molly

1. Leigh Anne says

The food was DIVINE! Be sure to check out The Chattanoogan for your lodging needs. You will fall in love just like we did!Q

8. Megan says

I love places with such character like The Chattanoogan! It seems like it really has something for everyone too!

1. Leigh Anne says

You are so right! This place has lots of character and it is the perfect place for everyone. They want to make their guests happy and they will work with you to create the perfect expericne.

9. Helene Cohen Bludman says

Now you’ve given me a great idea for a long weekend with my husband. So much to see and do in Chattanooga!

1. Leigh Anne says

I hope you are able to go! The Chattanoogan would be perfect for the two of you! Great romantic place to stay.

10. It all looks real nice. I’m near Charleston SC and plan on doing a whole lot more weekend traveling. Chattanooga is about a 6 hour drive from me so very doable.

1. Leigh Anne says

Charleston is a lovely place! I am looking forward to going there soon. Yes, Chattanooga is very doable from SC. I hope you get to go please check out The Chattanoogan for your lodging needs.

11. Holly says

I live in SC and it is really nice being in driving distance to so many great mini-getaways. I have never heard of this place. I will definitely check it out.

1. Leigh Anne says

I agree. Living within close distance to these mini getaways is fabulous. I hope you are able to check this place out.

12. natalielovesbeauty says

Wow what a luxurious place to stay at! I would love to visit Tennessee some day!

1. Leigh Anne says

I hope you do get to visit Tennessee one day. There is so much to enjoy there. Be sure to check out The Chattanoogan for your lodging needs.

13. emmaeatsandexplores says

It certainly looks like a fabulous place. The entrance is spectacular and the size of that bed is huuuuge! Looks like a very luxurious hotel and spa

1. Leigh Anne says

The bed was huge! Yes, the entrance itself was just stunning.

14. Author Brandi Kennedy says

I’ve been to Chattanooga several times, but have never stayed in this hotel. I’ll have to check it out though; it sounds amazing!

1. Leigh Anne says

It was truly amazing! I will be back!

15. The Trophy WifeStyle says

Oooooo now this looks like one fabulous place to stay!!!! I will have to check this resort out sometime!

1. Leigh Anne says

I hope you are able to make it there. You will not be disappointed.

16. Alicia Nicole says

My sister’s been to Chattanooga and she loved it! This hotel looks so luxurious. I’ll have to add it to my places to visit someday. Thanks for sharing!

1. Leigh Anne says

It is very luxurious. I hope you are able to make it to the area one day. You will not be disappointed.

17. beautyaddictmama says

I like to visit places that have lots to do. The hotel looks amazing too – especially the spa.

1. Leigh Anne says

It is amazing! And yes, Tennessee has so many great places to stay!

18. thebookswag says

Tennessee my goodness! this is simply the best place to be, isn’t it? Amazing!

1. Leigh Anne says

Tennessee is such an amazing place. They have so many great things to do there, and one of the best places to stay-The Chattanoogan!

19. The Travel Ninjas says

Wow theres so much to love about this place. The food looks to die for delicious. We’ll look this place up next time were in town.

1. Leigh Anne says

Please make sure that you do look them up! It is a fabulous place to stay!

20. Claire Santiago says

The place is awesome, and the food too. I would love to spend a weeklong staycation with my family in a place as lovely as that

1. Leigh Anne says

That is such a fun idea to enjoy a staycation with your family. If you are in the area, please check them out. I know they can make your vacation with your family even better.

21. Jacqui Odell says

The food looks amazing!! I would love to go to the spa sometime. I am ready to relax.

1. Leigh Anne says

I am so ready to go back. That spa treatment was one of the best things I have ever gotten.

22. Athena says

I have never been to Chatanooga but that place looks amazing – so does the food. I can surely see myself going there at some point in the future.

1. Leigh Anne says

I do hope that you can make it there. You will not be disappointed!

23. Ave Hla says

The Chattanoogan hotel looks like an amazing place for any kind of getaway! I would really like to try their restaurants, the food looks so delicious! And the spa sounds heavenly too!

1. Leigh Anne says

It is perfect for any getaway that you have or want to take. The food–it is seriously that delicious! If you are in the area, you have to stay here.

24. Yona Williams says

For starters, I think the outside of the hotel is very inviting (with all of the lights). They seem to have a lot of the amenities that I like, especially a very large pool.

1. Leigh Anne says

I could not agree with you more! The lights are such a cool feature that makes it even more inviting. The amenities are beyond great!

25. Sauumye Chauhan says

Oh Wow!! It looks like an amazing place to stay at!! Totally saving it to my list!!

1. Leigh Anne says

If you are in the area, it is definitely the place to stay! It is perfectly amazing!

26. Emily Lauren says

Wow this hotel looks so incredible and the food looks so yummy! I could always use a spa day.

1. Leigh Anne says

It is a wonderful place to stay, eat, and relax:)

27. cgmjemus says

This is now way up in my bucket list of places to stay. Looks divine.

28. […] Source: Upscale Lodging in Chattanooga, Tennessee […]

29. Mhaan (@momyrockinstyle) says

Wow! What a lovely place to visit! I will definitely suggest this on our next family getaway. Thanks for sharing dear.

30. mumwrites (@vixquips) says

Tennessee is such an interesting place to visit and this hotel seems like a very awesome place to stay in while you are there. Just look at the inviting bed and those scrumptious food!

31. beautythatwalks says

Such a beautiful place. I should consider my next vacation there…